Mel's Bio

Individual Blog

Friday, September 22, 2006

Are we really listening?

The think that has been on my mind the past few weeks continues to be my Cognitive Coaching training that I attended in August. I am always reminded what a truly poor listener I am. Not only me, but this culture in general. I am trying to remain cognisant of listening to others but it is extremely hard to do. I feel I have so much to share when in reality people don't want to hear what I have to say. They want to be heard, just like I do. Where do we go to be heard? Someone asked me this and I truly had to think about it. I have discussions with colleagues and share with my spouse but to truly be heard with no interupptions is a tough one? I am interested where others go for this? I have 4 more days of training left and can only hope that I will continue to build up my skills to be a good listener and coach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home