Mel's Bio

Individual Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Instructional Coach Blues

I find myself envious of all of you teachers who are out there actually teaching. Don't get me wrong, I love my new position and am very excited about all that can be accomplished with change in a school. However, I would love to be able to start trying some of the things we are learning in the CIT class right away with real students. Were you aware that teachers, especially secondary teachers, don't like change?It comes much more slowly at this level than it does in the classroom with kids. Ray and I just keep reminding each other about CBAM (maybe someday we can share this with you when we have some time). CBAM is a great way to "hang in there" when change is taking place. It reminds us that anxiety, complaining, etc. is natural when there is change. I am excited to hear about the things that other teachers are doing (with and without technology).

2 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger coachahs said…

    I am so excited about what Meljissa and I are being given the opportunity to do, yet I continually struggle with what role I should be playing related to CIT. The last thing I want to do is get in the way of the progress you are making.What role would you like Melissa and I play?

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Davis said…

    I bet that is so strange not to work directly with students! I can't imagine. We value what you and Ray do and hope you know that we are your students...just bigger!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home